All iPhones and cellular iPads are equipped with SIM card slots on the sides. The SIM card (subscriber identity module) is the way your operator provides all the information your device needs to access its network and access voice and data services associated with your account. How to change SIM card on iPhone 4?
Find your model below to locate the SIM card tray. To open the SIM card tray, insert a paper clip or SIM ejection tool into the hole next to the tray. Push toward the iPhone, but don’t force it. If you have difficulty ejecting the SIM tray, take the device to an operator or Apple Store for help.
After removing the SIM card from the tray, note the notch in the corner of the new SIM card. Place a new SIM card in the drawer – it will only fit one way, due to the notch. Then insert the tray into the machine completely in the same orientation as you took it out. The tray also fits only one way.
Find where the SIM tray is located on the iPhone or iPad model
Almost every iPhone has a SIM card pocket *; if you have an iPhone 4s or newer, you have a SIM card slot.
* The only exception was the iPhone 4 CDMA variant.
Here’s where you can find it considering your iPhone model:
- Original iPhone / iPhone 3G / iPhone 3GS: At the top of the iPhone between the headphone jack and the power button
- iPhone 4s and newer: on the right side of the iPhone, on the opposite side of the mute button and volume buttons
Only networked iPads have SIM trays. If you have it, here you can find the SIM card tray:
- Original iPad: Along the left side of the iPad toward the center, opposite the side where the mute switch and volume buttons are located, at the bottom
- iPad 2/3/4: along the left side of the iPad, on the opposite side where the mute switch and volume buttons are located, at the top
- iPad Pro / Air / Air2 / mini (all generations): on the bottom right of the iPad the same side that contains the mute switch and volume buttons
How to replace sim card on iPhone 4?
Straighten one end of the paper clip. Use a small paper clip that is formed from a small enough wire to fit into the narrow hole on the SIM tray. Apple also provides a special SIM card removal tool.
Find the SIM card tray on the right side of iPhone 4. It appears as a recessed rounded rectangle with an internal opening.
Insert the end of a straightened paper clip or Apple SIM card removal tool into the hole. This will start to push the SIM tray containing the micro SIM card out of the phone body.
Lightly press the SIM drawer between your fingers. Remove the SIM tray containing the micro SIM card from the iPhone.
Remove the micro SIM card from the SIM pocket. When replacing with another micro SIM card, make sure the gold surface of the micro SIM card is facing down. Insert the SIM card tray and press into the body of the iPhone until it locks.